Help spread the word
About this fundraiser:
The Cove School Spellathon is Here!
It has been a whole year, so what's the word, bird? The
Spellathon (not a Spelling Bee) is our biggest PTO school fundraiser in which students raise money by collecting donations or pledges for spelling a set number of words that have been compiled with the help of our teachers. The money raised goes directly back into our school (see list provided below). This has been a tradition at Neil Cummins, and now at The Cove School, for the last 25 years!
HOW IT WORKS
Students invite family, friends and neighbors to support them by contributing a per-word pledge or flat amount for participating in the Spellathon.
During the week of January 25th, students are tested in their classrooms. Words are studied and practiced in advance. Prizes are awarded based on the categories listed below.
• January 8: Spellathon kick off assembly
• January 8: Students launch their fundraising web pages, gather sponsors and donations, practice word list in class and at home.
• January 25-29: Test week in classrooms
• February 1: Test results collected
• February 12: All online and envelope donations due
• February 19: Winners announced! Hooray!
• All students get an “I Rocked the Spellathon” bracelet
• The student per grade who obtains the most sponsors gets 2 movie tickets and a “You Make a Difference” medal*
• The student per grade with the highest amount raised gets a Mag’s gift certificate and a “You Make a Difference” medal
• The team with the highest percentage of student participants gets a special class trophy and classroom party.
*If there is a tie, the prize will go to the individual or classroom that collected the highest dollar amount.
The PTO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Your donation is tax-deductible and you will receive an email with the relevant information.
Thank you for your support!
Your donations will help pay for:
- Classroom Materials
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Furniture and Classroom Equipment
- PE and Playground Equipment
- Campus Events
- Parent Education and Assemblies
- Campus Improvements and School Gardens
- And Much More!