Help spread the word
About this fundraiser:
The Multicultural Development Center of Iowa is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the underrepresented community by providing access to education and technology to promote a multicultural society where diversity is recognized as a strength. Our goal is to build the support of a local community that encourages knowledge, respect, equality, and inclusivity.
The Multicultural Development Center of Iowa is committed to serving the local communities of Eastern Iowa.
Our mission is to provide the community with access to tools, training, mentors, industry-leading professionals, global networking, and economic support through four main initiatives:
- People of Color Coding - a non-accredited training program for ages 12 and up interested in gaining real-world, hands-on skills in technology. This is a project-based learning methodology with multiple disciplines ranging from IoT development, cybersecurity, programming, 3D design, and much more.
- Eastern Iowa Intercultural Awareness - a community-based program that focuses on raising awareness of social injustices as well as emphasizing the rich diversity of the Corridor.
- Underrepresented Students of the Corridor (USOC) scholarship - a scholarship fund established to help 1st generation students of color cover college expenses and assist with the transition to higher learning.
- Black in Business Incubator - a program that helps new and startup companies by providing services such as product development and rapid prototyping services, management training, office space, access to angel investors or venture capital resources, and other support services. This business incubator program emphasizes on entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds.
We could not engage in the wonderful learning opportunities and the fun community development things we do here without your monetary support. Please know that no amount is too small. Your ongoing backing and support are both truly appreciated.
Your donations will help pay for:
- Technology Updates & Enhancements
- Classroom Supplies
- Scholarship Fund
- Endowment Fund
- Office/ Training Room Expansion