Help spread the word
Dear Friends and Family,
I am picking up and swinging my bat for my Little League Hit-A-Thon Fundraiser & Contest Event. This event raises money for me and my fellow Baseball & Softball players in Ridgefield Little League to provide enhancements to the Baseball and Softball programs, provide equipment and safety gear, keep our Fields and practice spaces clean and up to date, and in general to make my Little League experience great with multiple events and activities throughout the season.
I would appreciate it (and so would my, over 500 Little League players and volunteers in RLL) if you could help support me.
Thanks in advance for your support!
About this fundraiser:
Ridgefield Little League is excited for the 5th Annual Hit-a-thon fundraiser. Proceeds from our fundraising will go towards Softball & Baseball Programs and usages, new equipment, safety gear & uniforms, and general maintenance and upkeep of our current facilities and fields at Abrams Park, RHS Fieldhouse, RORC equipment and in general helps keep our registration fees lower and provide opportunities and events for the League during the season.
The 2020 Hit-A-Thon has been extended to July 31, 2020 because of the delay due to the restrictions from the COVID-19 closures nationwide. Clark County Washington has not yet as of May 31, reached Phase 2 and will need to reach at least Phase 3 reopening to allow access back to Parks for Sports Clubs/Organizations. We will be monitoring this and schedule the Hit-A-Thon event date as soon as possible.
Here’s how it works:
• Each player will receive a Hit-a-thon pledge sheet via email and available to download off our website.
• Players will ask their family and friends or anyone to pledge either a flat amount (ex. $10 or $20) OR on a per foot basis. We will take the players longest hit out of 3 hits and multiply it by the amount of the pledge. (ft x pledge = donation) Example of a .20 cent/foot pledge (100 feet) x (20 cents) = $20.00 donation to the program.
• Each player will get 3 hits from a Tee (all divisions). Bonus hits will be awarded to the player based on their total of fundraising amount on our online Fundraiser Website (99Pledges.com) as of April 5th. (All divisions) Bonus hits will be awarded 1 hit for every $50 raised - Max capped at $500. (A potential of 10 extra hits!)
• Players will also have the ability to collect donations online. Each player will have their own website where donations can be made in their name. You will receive an email with information about your page or you can go to https://99pledges.com/fund/2020rllhit . This is a great way for out of town friends and family to support you.
• Each hit will be measured, and the top 3 hits will be recorded. Winners will be determined between top hits for each division. Using the other 2 longest hits as tie breaker hits.
• Top Team and Individual Fundraisers will be determined at the final close of the Fundraiser on April 5th, which will include online donations, including per foot hits and all cash/check donations made to the player.
• All Cash/Check donations need to be turned in no later than April 6th to count toward the fundraiser competition. And need to be made out to RLL or Ridgefield Little League. Later donations to the leagues will be accepted and greatly appreciated.
• Prizes will be awarded for the following:
o Longest Hitter in each division: Ridgefield Little League 2020 HIT-A-THON CHAMPION Tee Shirts.
o Top Fundraising Teams: Hosted Team Event Party.
o Top 3 Individual Fundraisers: Prizes to be announced on the RLL Website
Any questions regarding this fundraiser can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your support in this fundraiser!
Your donations will help pay for:
- Baseball & Softball Program Development
- New Equipment
- Safety Gear
- General Maintenance & Upkeep of Fields and Facilities
- Keeps Registrations Fees low